Tuesday, 28 June 2016

music update & playlist: june



I was lucky enough to get tickets to see The Lumineers in the Manchester Albert Hall in April. It was definitely one of the best concerts I've ever been to: they were incredible live and had such a good connection with the crowd, plus I went with a friend I hadn't seen in ten years so it was lovely to catch up and bond over similar music loves. The venue was once a church, so it was adorned with stained glass windows; the beautiful sounds played and sang by the band were only complemented by the setting. I wish I could relive it!




I recently saw Coldplay in Wembley with the family for their Head Full of Dreams tour, and they did not disappoint. Although I do prefer a lot of Coldplay's older music, their newer songs are definitely more upbeat and jammin', and they played a good mixture of classics and newer releases. Their set was hard to fault, and I absolutely loved the light-up wristbands. Throughout the concert I found myself constantly looking around at the beautiful flashing lights that turned the stadium into a sky full of stars (lol).


I'm seeing The Last Shadow Puppets in July in London and I'm really excited for that, seeing as their new album is great - I'm hoping they'll play some of their older stuff and maybe some Arctic Monkeys songs too. Hopefully I'll see Tom Odell in November, as he's playing in York, and I'd really like to see Oscar too as I think he's playing in Leeds in October.

The playlist I've created is mostly composed of recent releases and finds. My faves are probably Lianne La Havas (who supported Coldplay!), Glass Animals and James Blake's beautiful new album. Alexandra Savior's "Shades" is an exiting track seeing as it was co-written by Alex Turner. Bombay Bicycle Club are sadly on hiatus for a few years, but Ed Nash's new project Toothless seems promising. As I co-present a radio show in for University Radio York, I'm always being introduced to great artists by my pal/co-presenter (who is deffo more dedicated and skilled at finding new music than me lol). I love it nonetheless!




love, anna x